- Anonymous: Ben venga maggio (AAT)
- Anonymous: Moro de doglia (AAB)
- F. Patavino: Donne, venete al ballo (SATB)
- J. Obrecht: La tortorella (AAAB)
- Anonymous: Era di Maggio (SAT)
- P. Verdelot: Donna leggiadra e bella (SATB)
- C. Festa: Afflitti spirti miei (AAT)
- G.D. del Giovane da Nola: Chi la gagliarda (AAT)
- A. Willaert: O bene mio famm'uno favore (SATB)
- G. Segni: Ricercar (ATTB)
- F. Azzaiolo: Occhio non fu (SATB)
- Anonymous: Saltarello "Zorzi" (SATB)
- P. Vinci: Il gambaro con denaretto (ST)
- F. Maschera: Canzon "La maggia" (ATTB)
- G. Guami: La Guamina (SAAT)
- C. Gussago: Sonata "La schilina" (SATB)
- O. Vecchi: Privilegi della corte (SATB)
- O. Vecchi: Moresca d' schiavi (SATB)
- G. Trabaci: Gagliarda settima (STTB)
- G.G. Gastoldi: Bicinium (AT)
- G. Bonzanini: Sinfonia (SATB)
"The Schott Recorder Consort Anthology" presents a wealth of music from the fifteenth to the seventeenth centuries. Although the bulk of the collection is laid out for a variety of four-part ensembles there are also duets and trios, as well as five- and six-part pieces.
The repertoire includes both original instrumental works and transcriptions of vocal pieces. There are lively and stately dances, fantasias, and arrangements of expressive madrigals, catchy chansons and more restrained religious pieces; all are chosen for their effective realization by recorder consorts.
136 Renaissance pieces with notes on sources, editorial technique and interpretation. Volume I contains a valuable introduction to the series and to the art of consort playing. 2-6 recorders: Descant, Treble, Tenor, Bass in various combinations.