- Charles Gounod: Ave Maria
- Handel: Arrival of The Queen of Sheba from Solomon
- Handel: Ombra mai fù from Xerxes
- Mendelssohn: Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's dream
- Mozart: Voi che sapete from The Marriage of Figaro
- Purcell: Trumpet Tune
- Stölzel: Bist du bei mir
- Wagner: Bridal Chorus 'Treulich geführt' from Lohengrin
This unique collection of 8 pieces is the latest addition to the popular Schott String Quartet series. Arranged by Barrie Carson Turner, the romantic repertoire including Wagner's 'Bridal Chorus', 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba' by Handel and Mendelssohn's celebrated 'Wedding March' is ideal for commemorating that special day.
The Schott String Quartet Series
With the first books in the series focusing on baroque, classical and romantic styles, The Schott String Quartet series has expanded to cover music ranging from traditional pieces through to Eastern-influenced works. Aside from 'Indian Summer', which features original compositions, each book contains original arrangements of well known themes, which have often never been arranged for string quartet before.
An important characteristic of these arrangements is that they allow all four instruments to demand the attention throughout the music. The pieces are suitable for amateur musicians or school students and are ideal for public performance.